Free Dream Dictionary | Meaning of Dream Numbers | Meaning of Dream Colors | Dream Psychology | eBooks
Psychic Phone Advisor | iPod's | Tea Deals
Wholesale Rooibos Tea
PURE ORGANIC ROOIBOS
Loose Leaf - Finely Cut
Free Shipping Within the USA for Orders Over $200.00
Our Organic Rooibos tea is totally pure and natural. It contains no additives, colorants or preservatives. It contains no caffeine, which can be harmful to the central nervous system, causing irritability, high blood pressure and erratic sleep patterns. It is low in tannin, a substance which adversely affects the bodies metabolism by decreasing the absorption of iron and protein. The clean, aromatic flavour of Rooibos can safely be enjoyed in unlimited quantities throughout the day or evening, with no harmful side-effects. In fact, it makes a soothing and relaxing evening tea before sleep!
Initially, Rooibos was harvested as the wild-growing "Aspalathus Linearis" plants by chopping them with axes and then bruising them with hammers, leaving them to ferment in heaps, before drying them in the sun. Today, the basic method of Rooibos production from planting to harvesting is largely unchanged. However, the plants are cultivated rather than collected from the wild. In addition, production methods are far more mechanized and refined. Vast improvements in production technology and stringent quality control now ensure a superior quality product every step of the way, from seed to finished product. About 18 months after seedlings are planted, they become fully-grown and are ready for harvesting. Plants are harvested once a year during mid-summer. Cut Rooibos is bound in sheaves and milled to a uniform length, then bruised between rollers to trigger the important chemical process (fermentation) which results in the characteristic amber color, distinctive flavor and sweet aroma of Rooibos. Following fermentation, the Rooibos is spread thinly over large drying yards to dry in the hot South African sun after which it is sucked up by special vacuums. At this stage the product is generally referred to as "farm tea". At Rooibos Limited, we sort and grade the product according to length, color and flavor.
Rooibos helps delay the aging process! The aging of our bodies is caused by toxic compounds called free radicals which are produced as a by-product of normal cell function. These free radicals attack our healthy cells. Over our lifetime this damage contributes to aging and our immune system weakens. Recently, Japanese scientists have found that Rooibos tea contains a mimic of the enzyme Super Oxide Dismutase (S.O.D.), an antioxidant which attacks the free radicals and limits their damaging effects.
Rooibos helps to relieve stomach ulcers, nausea, constipation, and heartburn.
Have a cup of Rooibos before you get ready for bed to ensure a good night's sleep! Rooibos has been found to help with insomnia, disturbed sleeping patterns and headaches. It contains no caffeine and has a relaxing effect on the central nervous system.
Rooibos helps to give you strong bones and teeth because of its calcium, manganese and fluoride content.
Rooibos helps pacify infants with colic, stomach cramps and sleeping problems. Simply mix some Rooibos tea with expressed breast milk or formula. It is 100% natural with no colorants or preservatives. It is a mother's miracle.
Rooibos contains alpha hydroxy acid and zinc for healthy, smooth skin. This wonder tea is especially useful when applied to skin irritations like itchy skin, eczema, sunburns, diaper rash and acne.
Put used rooibos tea bags in the refrigerator or freezer. After a hard day's work, put on tired or red eyes to soothe and relax.
Rooibos contains magnesium which is necessary for a healthy nervous system.
Rooibos increases the absorption of iron in the body.
Rooibos contains potassium and copper minerals that are necessary for several metabolic functions.
Rooibos is often prescribed for nervous tension and mild depression as it makes a relaxing sedative.
Rooibos contains no oxalic acid and can therefore be enjoyed by persons suffering from kidney stones.
Rooibos helps to control your appetite thus can be beneficial in weight loss.
Rooibos helps you recoup after a hangover.
Rooibos makes a great thirst-quencher and sport drink. Because of its mineral content of iron, potassium, zinc, manganese and sodium, it restores the body's equilibrium after strenuous exercise.
Rooibos is very versatile! Drink it hot or cold, with or without milk, sugar or honey. Add lemon or mix it with fruit juices for a lovely blend. Rooibos tea is also used in cooking and baking. It replaces the liquid content in recipes for soups, marinades, sauces, stews and cakes for added flavor and nutrition.
And Rooibos tastes divine! It is less bitter than most teas.
The health promoting properties of the different classes of chemical compounds found in Rooibos may be summarised as follows.
1. Phenolic Carboxylic acids. 4- Hydroxybenzoic acid, 3,4 Di hydroxybenzoic acid, 4- hydroxy 3- methoxybenzoic acid, 4- hydroxy-3,5-di methoxybenzoic acid, 4- cuomaric acid, caffeic acid and ferulic acid. These compounds all possess antibacterial and antifungal properties, explaining the beneficial effects the women experience when using a weak Rooibos solution as a face wash. The carboxylic acids are also weak antioxidants.
2.Flavones, Flavonols and C-O glycosides. Luteolin, chrysoerial, luteolin-7-0-glucoside,quercetin,isoquercitin and rutin. Luteoin and quercetin possess strong antispasmodic properties, explaining the positive effect when Rooibos is given to babies with colic. Luteolin, quercetin, isoquercetin and rutin possess strong antioxidant properties. All four compounds also inhibit aldose reductase, a target enzyme for pharmacological control of diabetic complications. Rutin - enhances the stability and permeability of capillary arteries. Quercetin prevents the oxidation of low intensity lipoproteins (LDL) and may thus indicate anti-atherosclerotic activity.
3. Flavone glycosides. Orientin, iso-orientin, vitexin and iso-vitexin contribute towards antioxidant properties and may possess hypotensive activity (lowers blood pressure)
4. Flavanone glycosides Dihydro-orientin and dihydro-iso-orientin are non-nutritional sweeteners and may thus contribute towards the pleasant sweet and natural taste of Rooibos tea.
5. Dihydrochalcone glycosides Aspalathin and nothofagin are non-nutritional sweeteners and strong antioxidants.
6. Tannins. (+) -Catechin, procyanidin B-3 and bis-fisetinidol-catechin. Tannins reduce the digestibility of proteins by complexation thus creating an adverse effect as far as human feeding is concerned. However, there is now convincing evidence that the tannins in red wine are responsible for the "French paradox". Despite a high fat diet, there is a low incidence of heart disease and cancer due to a high consumption of red wine. Catechin is utilised in a variety of formulations e.g: toothpaste, candy, breakfast cereal, ice-cream, etc. in Japan.
7. Non -phenolics. (+)- Pinitol possesses hypoglycemic (lowers level of blood sugar) and anti diabetic properties and it is used as expectorant.
8.Alpha-hydroxy acids. Phenylpyruvic acid glycoside This type of compound is an important ingredient of beauty creams and therapeutic preparations for dermatological diseases. It may explain the success of beauty creams containing Rooibos in the remarkable ability of the Rooibos supplement to preserve young and beautiful complexions.
9. Minerals. Iron, potassium, calcium, copper, zinc, manganese and sodium are essential for normal human metabolic processes. Rooibos is naturally caffeine free it is claimed to relieve nervous tension and thus helps to relieve insomnia.
10. Why is an antioxidant necessary in the human diet. Free radicals (the same as Reactive Oxygen Species ROS) are chemically highly reactive molecules that indiscriminately attack human tissue and cause all kinds of problems, for example ageing, cancer, heart and arterial diseases, etc. The body copes with these by means of SOD (super oxide dismutase enzyme). During ageing or poor health SOD levels drop, and it is then that the diet should be rich in the antioxidants in order to help the body to cope with free radicals. The flavonoids and tannins in Rooibos are proven antioxidants. Thus, apart from the pleasant taste, a cup of Rooibos is also an essential part of any diet supplementary to foods or beverages.
ROOIBOS TEA NUTRITIONAL & HEALTH DATA